this

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Updates, updates, updates

Soooo, it's been a while since I last posted. And 11:34 pm is probably not the time to catch up, but I'm going to try.
Corey and I came home on Thursday, July 29th, anxiously awaiting his parents' arrival on Saturday. Sunday was not only his mom's birthday, but also our SECOND ENGAGEMENT PARTY!!!! My parents worked so hard, and it was AWESOME!!!
During the time that Corey's parents were here we were able to make a trip to Short Pump in Richmond. We showed Corey's parents the bridesmaids' dresses and the color, and the moms enjoyed looking at what dresses were out there for them. Corey had seen this awesome deal that morning for Jos A Banks and we headed over to check out suits. (Let's backtrack here a little) While I've been trying to personalize the wedding to our tastes, I realized that I KNEW that Corey didn't HAVE to wear a tuxedo for the wedding, but did he know? It's a big deal to get Corey in a tie, and with the wedding being OUTSIDE in JULY I thought it would really be a good idea to let him know he has some wiggle room with what he wanted to wear. That eventually got us looking at tan/khaki suits.
So we're in Jos A Banks and we're just not finding the "right" tan color suit that everyone can agree on. I had tossed around the idea of grey suits when I first introduced the idea to Corey but we quickly decided on tan. On a whim we asked Corey to put on a grey jacket. I know I'm partial, but HE LOOKED GOOD!!!! We found a suit (separates) in this awesome medium charcoal grey, and I'm so excited. Corey really seems happy with it, everyone seemed really happy with it. Now just on to deciding what shirt/tie we want to put with it. Changing the suit from tan to grey also meant that I could contemplate my original thought of using yellow for the boutonnieres.
Which brings me tooooo........the past two days Mom and I have been scouting out potential florists, stopping in a couple shops (and having a little too much excitement in one-as one of the employees suffered a seizure while we were there). We actually returned to this shop this afternoon. It is run by a Mom-daughter team, and they are the sweetest people ever!!!!! I went to one consultation this morning, and the lady was definitely helpful, but I felt HER vision was much more traditional, and at times pushed her own ideas on me. She had a lot of great suggestions and it was a good experience. However, meeting with the second florist this afternoon was a much better experience. I feel that they not only wanted to understand my vision, but actually understood it and took it to heart. Also, looking through books of their previous work, I saw many elements that I want in our wedding. They completely understood the whole vintage/romantic/garden wedding feel that I'm going for. Not to mention they had soooo many vases/lanterns/flower stands that are just EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!! I also felt that they weren't out to "nickel and dime us to death" as I think the saying goes. The first florist wanted to charge us $10 for each vase just to hold the bms bouquets in before the wedding. RIDICULOUS!!!!! The second florist said they wouldn't charge us for vases, even ones for centerpieces. I won't get an estimate from them until a week-10 days from now, but the lady said she would give us a price range and include as many pictures as she could so that I would understand what she is talking about. She also welcomed any pictures I wanted to send her. On top of everything else, she has done work at the Lodge before, is only 2 blocks away from the Lodge, is familiar with Kathy (our wedding coordinator with the Lodge), and also knows my day-of coordinator. As we were leaving she kept saying "you're practically family now". It's good to work with family

No comments:

Post a Comment