this

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Alive

Alive....that is how I feel today, or at least how I felt this morning. I don't know if it was waking up knowing that I was going to get to see Corey in the morning, or the fact that I ate breakfast (with him), either way, I felt alive. So much so I decided to work out!!!!!
Being that Corey is a strength and conditioning coach, and always on my case about working out, and the fact that my Nana is battling cancer for the third time, I decided that it was best that I start being as healthy as possible NOW!!!!
So after having breakfast (at D-hall) with Corey I promptly headed home, made a new playlist for my iPod, and headed to Purcell Park to run. I had all intentions on jogging the track twice, but as I neared the end of the first lap, I decided it was sufficient enough; probably better to ease myself back in anyways. Although the cool morning air flared up my asthma, and the budding flowers flared up my allergies, it was a very enjoyable run. There's definitely a calming peace about running by yourself; however, since I don't see a stroller or a dog in my near future, if anyone is interested in being my running partner, I'm all for it.
After running, and about half walking, I headed to the gym to try to tackle a workout. The worst part about starting working out again is realizing how out of shape you are. I only did body weight work-outs, as directed by my wonderful fiance. I'm not sure I feel alive anymore...more like....jello. And I have a funny feeling I will feel DEAD tomorrow. But it's all worth it in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment