this

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung in the valley.....or actually it's more like summer. Today was the second day where the temperature reached above 80 degrees, but oh was it glorious!!
I took some time to soak it all in.
Spring brings on so many wonderful sights, sounds, smells, and feelings. Downtown smelled like melons today-the arboretum smelled like wildflowers-and campus smelled simply of spring. Yes, today I was a "nature-freak" as my friend Shannon told me :) But because I was, I have pictures to share with you all....a little taste of spring:

Spring is....

flowering trees




























bulbs promising to bloom























clear, blue skies making perfect backdrops























make-shift Easter egg hunts














(if only pictures could play sounds....so I could
share the joyful sounds of kids laughing
and calling to each other)




pastel fingers




(no picture is ever going to do my ring justice...)



bright, bare toes


















Spring also means first nights of Pennybacker's rooftop being open...which is where Corey and I ended up having dinner. It was so good. And nights like tonight really make you appreciate where you live, even if it is a small town.

No matter how much joy I receive from food, or flowers, or egg hunts, or blue skies, nothing will ever compare to the pure joy I feel now, as I sit next to my fiance, and know that I need nothing that I don't have in this moment.
Spring has most definitely sprung :)

No comments:

Post a Comment